Why hold a Before I Die Festival?

News Flash: We’re all going to die! Even though humans have a 100% mortality rate, only an estimated 30% of adults do any end-of-life planning: wills or trusts, advance medical directives, financial planning, and funeral planning. This leaves roughly 70% of our loved ones scrambling to pull together information and make important and potentially expensive decisions while grieving a death.

Before I Die Festivals give people a positive pathway to learn about the many elements of being prepared for death. With a combination of entertainment, education, and discussions, Before I Die Festivals put the “fun” in funeral planning.

A Before I Die Festival gives people a reason to visit a funeral home or cemetery before experiencing a death in the family. These events allow people to ponder their mortality without fear, prepare advance medical directives, create estate plans, and help communicate their wishes to family and loved ones.

What happens at a Before I Die Festival?

A whole range of upbeat activities! Some examples include:

  • Speakers and panel discussions on life after death, medical aid-in-dying, estate and financial planning, advance medical directives, household downsizing, grief issues, and history and culture surrounding death.
  • Authors discuss their books, artists share their art, actors perform plays.
    Feature films and documentaries about death and funerals – some fun, some serious.
  • Behind-the-scenes tours at funeral homes, crematoria, and cemeteries.
  • Panel discussions with funeral directors from different funeral homes, and perspectives from next generation “Millennial Morticians.”

During the pandemic, Before I Die Festivals went online. Options for hybrid in-person/online events continue. How can you hold a Before I Die Festival in your market? Check out the Before I Die Festival in a Box®.